Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Good Ol Days

It all began in beginning of my sophomore year, when I had my first day of choir class. About 15 minutes into the class, in walks in a bleached head, popped collard boy..."Oh and this is Travis, my TA for this semester." In the back of my mind, I was thinking, "oh man, he's hott!" That is how it all began. Despite Travis's blank stares in choir classes, I began to think he hated me, because he'd stare at me, or at least in my direction so I thought he was staring at me, but for some reason he'd never smile. Putting two and two together, I assumed he hated me and I through out the chances of being that sophomore to date that senior.
Well, as luck had it, I was able to get to know Travis alot better through one of my best friends. Through this, Travis finally asked me out a few weeks after he graduated. I was so nervous but I was so excited to go out with Travis. He was quite different from the other guys I'd been crushing on, because first of all he was so quiet. All those who know me, quietness is my greatest weakness. So from then on, Travis and I had begun our dating streak. He'd take me out like once every few weeks, and I was so amazed at what a gentleman he always was. Having me home on time for curfew, which my parents always appreciated, but also, he smelled good all the time! That's one of my favorite things about Trav was his smell!
So as time flies on, we develop the relationship of "Best Friends." Pretty much this was all my doing, because I was the one with a fear of the big C word....COMMITTMENT! As time flew on, Travis gets his mission call....His family surrounding him as he opens and reads his call. He was called to Cleveland Ohio Mission.....the same mission my father served in!! Trav and I continue to date and had to say our final goodbyes. I hated this day but also loved it so much.I hated the fact that this night when Travis would be driving me home, it would be my last time with him....OUCH. As he and I exchanged our goodbyes, of course I was crying having to look him in the eyes, even though my heart was being wripped out, I said goodbye and thanked him for everything. Yes, my Trav does get emotional and he had those heavy eyes just looking back at me, and then the favorite part, He kissed me on the cheek and said goodbye. Worst moment of my life, having to walk inside my house all alone. I have never cried that hard before. However, at this time, I'm still so dumb and cannot put my feelings together, to realize that I've been in love with Travis for so long.
Travis left on his mission on November 16, 2005. I wrote to Travis through out his whole mission and experienced some more dating while he was gone. Overcoming the fear of the C, I knew when Trav was coming home and was in fact dating some kid when he got home. Once again, me being the stupid, can't even wake up to smell my own roses, understanding the feelings I had for Travis, I was dating a boy. I knew and wanted to tell Travis when he first got home because I knew he'd understand. Well, me the chicken I was, I couldn't tell him and decided to call him and tell him over the phone. The first time I saw Travis off his mission, I knew that his love for me was so strong, and it was stronger than what I could remember. He had not once forgotten about the way he felt about me, and I was the impatient wierdo still trying to find out where my feelings were.
We'll make a short story shorter, and be and that boy were no longer. Travis was there for me before the breakup and his cute possesiveness over me as he came over to the house, reminded me and woke me up to what I was running from. I guess it could be another fear, a fear of falling in love with my best friend Travis.
We took a trip to Idaho that day after Christmas. Travis and I had the best time visiting all his relatives and finally being able to meet Grandma Jones. On that trip, I cannot tell you what it was but magic was in the air. On the ride home, I was so sick and just the care in Travis's eyes were beaming with love that I knew I could be anywhere and still live off his love solely. That ride home together, Travis expressed his love to me and told me that he's loved me and has been planning to marry me. He asked me if I didn't feel the same way to let him know so it wouldn't hurt as bad. I asked him to be patient with me....How much more patience does he need? He was telling me how he would inheret his parents piano when he moved out, and then told me, "So, you're just going to have to marry me now!" Travis proved to me he would stay by me forever and that night I decided in my heart that I wanted to marry My Travis!
Well, since the day we were together, we never missed a day of being without each other via text messaging of phone calls, or even being in each others arms. Travis asked me to marry him a while before we were officially engaged. This story I keep to myself, but our engagement was on Valentines. He had roses delivered to my house, and when I got home from work, I found them on the table. I was afraid that the ring would be in the flowers, so instead of looking at them as my family insisted, I told them "I'm going to my room." As I walked down stairs, I saw a shadow in the hallway and asked "Travis, is that you?' keep in mind, my heart was beyond racing and I thought he could hear it from upstairs. He then responded, "Ya." Me again being the clueless, speachless person I am when I'm nervous, the only think I could think of to say was, "What are you doing?' Stupid stupid stupid question to ask, because immediately he was down on one knee. He asked me to marry him and then comes the girlish screams!
We were married on May 16th 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was by far the best decision I've ever made in my life. I'm so grateful to have my Travis in my life because of his patience with me. It took the poor man 4 years to actually kiss me! That's a man of true patience! We are so in love and are enjoying our first year of marriage.

No comments: