Saturday, June 6, 2009

Small and Simple Things!

Camping: Travis, Hollie, and some hotdogs and marshmellows with a good choice of chocolate!!

Here we are wrapped in eachothers arms full of love!! Camping, hiking, swimming, or doing yard work...you name it and we've done it!! We have been exposed to alot more outdoor adventures than what we have expected. We have been successful in putting in a garden and weeding our the whole back yard of Trav's parents house. We have already taken I think three trips to the dump this spring and have yet to do some more!!! As I work beside Travis, I realize how talented he truly is. He has the keen understanding of everything and then there's me who just enjoys watching him work because I love to learn from him. I have tried to help, which I am sure most times, I just set him back, but he is so wonderful at teaching me and helping understand how things work. I absolutely love working beside my husband, no matter what it is.





This week, Travis has been working early to beat the heat of the sun. One night we went to bed and I knew we'd be short on sleep because we sit up talking or watching things on our laptop in bed. Well this particular night, I just wanted to stay close to Trav and so I decided to set my alarm at the same time as his, so that I can be up with him when he goes to work. I remember growing up, my mother always got up with my dad when he'd go to work and I wanted to be there for my husband just like my mother was there for my dad. Well, I got up with him and helped him get ready....which consisted of me doing pretty much nothing. I was so excited to be up with Trav and to kiss him goodbye and to talk to him while he drove to work. I think our time together is so precious and we can gain so much strength by doing the little things.





The begging of this week, Trav had work off and he came up and visited me for lunch at work. I cannot tell you how excited I was because I've never had lunch with him before at work and I thought this was so romantic. Well, to my surprise, Trav shoes up with a bag with stuff in it. I had talked with him earlier and he said he was just looking for some things, but he never mentioned anything about what was really in the bag. He handed it to me and there, inside the bag laid two new pairs of shoes, one for working out, and another just because they were cheap. If you could understand how much my foot hurts and a good pair of shoes really could put me to tears, this simple act of love was so precious. He also got me a pair of workout capri's that were so cute!! I felt so special for my husband to bring me these things!! I am the luckiest girl in the world!!! I love Travis so much and he truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me.







2 comments:

Travis and Crystal said...

awwww! I pretty much loved reading your post Hollie! you really are such a good wife. Thanks for being such and example to me. You have always taught me that no matter hard it gets (marriage, work, life in general) that you keep trying harder and harder until it gets better and better. Love you

Matt and Marci said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made it so people could leave comments on your blog! I came across your blog about a month ago and I've been blog stalking you even since. I think it's so fun to see what you guys are up to! It looks like you guys are so happy and so in love.... Keep the pictures and posts coming!

-marci

Check us out....matticram.blogspot.com